At the scene of the accident, once you've contacted police and gotten everyone to a safe place, either you or someone who is able to do so should gather the following evidence:
- photographs of the scene, vehicles involved and injured parties;
- names and contact information for all parties involved, plus any witnesses; and
- details of the accident scene (weather, road conditions, hazards, etc.).
Something else to consider after a serious car accident in Georgetown, TX, is hiring of a Georgetown traffic accident lawyer. Without an experienced lawyer, you may be caught dealing with the insurance companies alone, and they may try to deny your claim or settle it for an unsubstantial amount.
Remember that you may be entitled to more compensation for your damages and losses than the insurance adjuster lets on. Working with an experienced lawyer can give you the edge in your injury claim that can be the difference between struggling with losses and having a comfortable recovery from your injuries.
Contacting a Georgetown Traffic Accident Lawyer
Before you take the important step of hiring an attorney, educate yourself about what you can expect from a Texas injury case. Order this free guide for Texas accident victims and learn:
- What to ask a lawyer before hiring them to take your case.
- The most common reasons a Texas personal injury claim will fail.
- What you can do to protect your injury claim.