Texas is home to some of the most dangerous car accidents on the road, but few are as dangerous as a Texas truck accident. Immediately after a Texas truck accident, you are confused, stressed, and possibly injured - the last thing you need is to say something while you are in a panic that could negatively impact your chances of being properly compensated for the injuries you sustained.
4 Things You Should Never Say after a Texas Truck Accident
To protect your case, avoid saying the following:
- I'm sorry - No matter how good it may feel to cleanse your conscience, these words might be interpreted as accepting fault for the accident. Don't apologize.
- I don't need medical attention - After a Texas car accident, a doctor in the Austin area should be called immediately or you should go to the emergency room. Just because you feel fine doesn't mean you haven't been hurt, and some injuries are impossible to detect until days or even weeks later.
- We don't need the police - Failure to notify the authorities after an accident may have legal ramifications and will definitely decrease the likelihood that your claim will get a fair shake from the insurance companies.
- I don't need a lawyer -Car accidents are complicated legal matters, and attorneys protect your best interests against your insurance company, the truck driver, the truck driver's insurance company, and so on.
Contacting a Team of Texas Personal Injury Lawyers
Before you take the important step of hiring an attorney, educate yourself about what you can expect from a Texas truck accident case. Order this free guide for Texas accident victims and learn:
- What to ask a lawyer before hiring them to take your case.
- The most common reasons a Texas personal injury claim will fail.
- What you can do to protect your injury claim.
Not every accident case requires the help of an attorney and we can help you to determine whether yours is one of those cases! If you are ready to get started with your case, we urge you to contact our team of Texas personal injury lawyers today for a FREE case evaluation - 512-472-7799.