After an accident in Williamson County, Texas you may decide to pursue a Texas personal injury claim. You'll need to speak with a Georgetown injury attorney first to understand what legal options are available.
You should also be aware of ways that you can destroy or diminish your claim. Taking the right steps is just one part of a successful claim. You should also be aware of the things you shouldn't do.
5 Mistakes to Avoid When Filing Your Texas Personal Injury Claim
- failing to seek immediate medical attention after your accident;
- missing medical appointments, not taking prescribed medication or undergoing recommended surgery, therapy, etc.;
- stopping medical treatment too soon;
- hiding information from your doctor or lawyer (past injuries, accidents, etc.); and
- exaggerating the extent of your injuries or claiming to be unable to do certain activities when you really can.
Remember that the other side will have legal representation that's working hard to dismantle your case. So you need to do everything you can to protect your legal rights.
There are a variety of reasons why you may lose your Texas personal injury claim. This is why you need help from a Georgetown injury attorney.
Contacting a Georgetown Injury Attorney
Before you take the important step of hiring an attorney, educate yourself about what you can expect from a Texas injury case. Order this free guide for Texas accident victims and learn:
- What to ask a lawyer before hiring them to take your case.
- The most common reasons a Texas personal injury claim will fail.
- What you can do to protect your injury claim.
Not every accident case requires the help of an attorney and we can help you to determine whether yours is one of those cases! If you are ready to get started with your case, we urge you to contact us today for a FREE case evaluation - 1-512-472-7799.