When negotiating your Texas personal injury claim with insurance companies, it’s helpful to be prepared beforehand and know what to expect from the adjusters. If you’ve been in an Austin car accident, you’ll want to consult Austin TX lawyers first to avoid common mistakes people make when trying to negotiate an Austin car accident injury claim on their own.
Naturally, you want the best outcome possible for your claim, and the negotiation phase is vital. Here are 5 tips Austin TX lawyers find useful when working with insurance adjusters:
- be prepared for questions the adjuster may ask you, so you can stay organized, something your attorney can help you with;
- don’t assume the adjuster is your friend but at the same time, don’t be rude or insulting either;
- use clear, detailed, descriptive language to describe your injuries to the adjuster (your head snapped violently sideways, slamming into the window);
- as best as you can, relay how the Austin car accident affected you on a personal level, such as how your accident caused terror and anxiety, how it has affected your relationships; and
- try not to sound desperate, and avoid the urge to rush the settlement.
There are some Austin car accident injury cases that may not require the assistance of an attorney, such as those with minimal injuries. However, in most circumstances, you’ll want to run your case by an accident attorney to see about your legal options and to help you determine the value of your Texas personal injury claim.
Contacting Austin TX Lawyers
Before you take the important step of hiring Austin TX lawyers, educate yourself about what you can expect from a Texas personal injury claim. Order this free guide for Texas accident victims and learn:
- What to ask a lawyer before hiring them to take your case.
- The most common reasons a Texas personal injury claim will fail.
- What you can do to protect your injury claim.
Not every accident case requires the help of an attorney and we can help you to determine whether yours is one of those cases! If you are ready to get started with your case, we urge you to contact us today for a FREE case evaluation – 512-472-7799.