As a parent, when you're faced with a suspicious child head injury, you may be hesitant or even reluctant to consider the possibility that someone has abused your child, particularly someone to whom you trusted your child's protection. A Texas personal injury lawyer who has experience in handling these cases can help you get justice for your child against negligent or abusive caretakers.
First Step in Child Injury Prevention
When you consider sending your child to a day care center, it's vital to your peace of mind and to the security of your child that you ask questions about how your child will be monitored, interacted with, and disciplined.
Questions for day care centers:
- Is the facility licensed? If not, why not?
- Are parents permitted to visit the facility and make surprise visits?
- What's the ratio of adults to children?
- Are children ever left alone with adults?
- Does the facility run background checks on all of its personnel?
- Are the children ever transported in vehicles? If so, what are the driver requirements and what safety protocol is followed? and
- How is discipline handled? Are the policies in writing and available to parents?
If the day care center is unable or unwilling to answer your questions to your satisfaction, review whether you think you should send your child to that facility.
Contacting a Texas Personal Injury Lawyer
If you discover a suspicious child head injury, before you take the important step of hiring an attorney, educate yourself about what you can expect from a Texas injury case. Order this free guide for Texas accident victims and learn:
- What to ask a lawyer before hiring them to take your case.
- The most common reasons a Texas personal injury claim will fail.
- What you can do to protect your injury claim.
Not every accident case requires the help of a Texas personal injury lawyer and we can help you to determine whether yours is one of those cases! If you are ready to get started with your case, we urge you to contact us today for a FREE case evaluation from one of our child injury lawyers - 512-472-7799.