Baby crib recall figures have surpassed 11 million since 2007, and many play yards and bassinets have also been recalled for safety reasons, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). If your child has been injured by a dangerous crib or other bedding, you should speak to a product liability attorney in Texas.
Safety Tips for Baby Cribs and Bedding
To help your baby sleep safely, you should follow these tips provided by the CPSC:
- Keep pillows and thick quilts out of the crib to prevent suffocation. Additionally, make sure any gaps between the sides of the crib and the mattress are no larger than the width of 2 fingers.
- Make sure your crib is installed correctly. Read the instructions and call the manufacturer for help if necessary.
- Don't use a crib that's more than 10 years old, broken or modified.
- Don't add extra padding to a play yard.
- Never place a crib near window blinds, curtain rods or baby monitor cords. These are all strangulation hazards.
Watch out for baby crib recall news and news of any other child product recalls. If your child has already been injured, a Texas product liability law attorney may be able to help you recover damages.
Contacting a Texas Product Liability Law Attorney
Before you take the important step of hiring an attorney, educate yourself about what you can expect from a Texas injury case. Order this free guide for Texas accident victims and learn:
- What to ask a lawyer before hiring him or her to take your case.
- The most common reasons a Texas personal injury claim can fail.
- What you can do to protect your injury claim.
Not every accident case requires the help of an attorney and we can help you to determine whether yours is one of those cases! If you are ready to get started with your case, we urge you to contact us today for a FREE case evaluation - 1-512-472-7799.