A Texas personal injury claim is time sensitive and the strength of your claim as well as potential success may be affected by how quickly you act. Setting up a consultation with a Travis County, Texas injury attorney before you do anything yourself is a good idea to make sure you're starting out on the right track.
Time Factors Impacting a Texas Personal Injury Claim
If you've decided to pursue a personal injury claim it's imperative that you get on track and continue to work swiftly throughout the legal proceedings. A Travis County, Texas injury attorney can reinforce this point by further explaining why time is such a valuable factor.
If you wait to file a claim you may not be able to do so at all. States follow a Statute of Limitations that dictates time limits for when you're eligible to file a claim for compensation after the date of injury. If the time limit runs out, you'll be out of luck.
Waiting to file a claim can also severely weaken your lawsuit in a few ways:
- you may lose vital evidence as time passes;
- witnesses may not have a clear and concise memory of the accident anymore; and
- the opposing legal team may attempt to weaken your claim by questioning the legitimacy of your injuries, citing your delay to file a claim.
Contacting a Travis County, Texas Injury Attorney
Before you take the important step of hiring an attorney, educate yourself about what you can expect from a Texas injury case. Order this free guide for Texas accident victims and learn:
- What to ask a lawyer before hiring them to take your case.
- The most common reasons a Texas personal injury claim will fail.
- What you can do to protect your injury claim.
Not every accident case requires the help of an attorney and we can help you to determine whether yours is one of those cases! If you are ready to get started with your case, we urge you to contact us today for a FREE case evaluation - 512-472-7799.