Many attorneys recommend and even encourage a consultation at the beginning of any business, and most lawyers offer consultations free of charge. You can use this consultation as a tool to help you locate an Austin personal injury lawyer who is right for your case.
Prior to your consultation, prepare some questions that will help you get as much out of the meeting as possible. Your questions should cover:
- the attorney’s credentials;
- the attorney’s experience;
- their case load;
- the firm’s billing procedures;
- how the attorney would handle your case; and
- any obstacles or challenges he or she anticipates.
It’s not always easy to find a Texas lawyer whose background and experience is compatible with the requirements of your case, so be prepared to dedicate some time for thorough evaluation to your inquiries.
Contacting an Austin Personal Injury Lawyer
Before you take the important step of hiring a compensation claims lawyer, educate yourself about what you can expect from a Texas injury case. Order this free guide for Texas accident victims and learn:
- What to ask a lawyer before hiring them to take your case.
- The most common reasons a Texas personal injury claim will fail.
- What you can do to protect your injury claim.