If you’ve been injured in an accident and have decided to handle your own personal injury claim and settlement without the help of an Austin personal injury lawyer, you have a lot of work before you, but the task is not an impossible one.
To negotiate an insurance settlement, you should do the following:
- Familiarize yourself with your insurance policy;
- Document and keep copies of all of your bills – medical records, repair estimates and a record of all days you have to miss from work;
- Identify the range of settlements similar to yours;
- Consider alternative dispute resolution if fault or the amount of the settlement is heavily contested; and
- Know when to speak with a personal injury lawyer about your settlement.
Do not focus on handling your personal injury claim and settlement to the exclusion of concentrating on your recovery from injury. Consultations are no-cost, and an Austin personal injury lawyer can point you in the right direction if you’ve been struggling with the next step.
Should you decide to retain the services of an attorney, make sure that you give each candidate a rigorous evaluation so that you will be represented by the lawyer or firm who is right for you. (insert link to
Contacting an Austin Personal Injury Lawyer
Before you take the important step of hiring a lawyer, educate yourself about what you can expect from a Texas injury case. Order this free guide for Texas accident victims and learn:
- What to ask a lawyer before hiring them to take your case.
- The most common reasons a Texas personal injury claim can fail.
- What you can do to protect your injury claim.
Not every accident case requires the help of an attorney and we can help you to determine whether yours is one of those cases! If you are ready to get started with your case, we urge you to contact us today for a FREE case evaluation – 1-512-472-7799.