A Texas car accident attorney is a good resource if you've been the victim of a car accident in Austin, TX and need to file a Texas personal injury case after car accident. In order to get a fair settlement, you will need legal counsel to level the playing field with the insurance company.
Things to Consider When Offered a Settlement for a Car Accident in Austin, TX
Your Austin accident lawyer can review any settlement offers to determine whether you're being treated fairly and they can tell you:
- the worth of your case based on past cases, the extent of your injuries, and whether your life has been altered;
- the chances of winning if your Texas personal injury case goes to trial;
- the potential for unfavorable publicity for you if your case goes to trial;
- any personal information that could be revealed at trial;
- a timeline for the trial;
- possible weaknesses on your behalf;
- possible weaknesses in your opponent's case;
- your opponent's insurance coverage;
- some possible negotiation tactics used by the defense;
- the extent to which the defense will play fight; and
- the minimum amount they suggest you accept.
It's important that you seek medical care after your car accident in Austin, TX, to prove your injuries and protect your rights. Then you should contact a Texas car accident attorney as soon as possible.
Contacting an Austin Accident Lawyer
Before you take the important step of hiring an attorney, educate yourself about what you can expect from a Texas injury case. Order this free guide for Texas accident victims and learn:
- What to ask a lawyer before hiring them to take your case.
- The most common reasons a Texas personal injury claim will fail.
- What you can do to protect your injury claim.
Not every accident case requires the help of an attorney and we can help you to determine whether yours is one of those cases! If you are ready to get started with your case, we urge you to contact us today!