Fair car accident insurance settlements can be hard to obtain without the assistance of Texas accident lawyers. If you or a loved one have been seriously injured in a Corpus Christi car accident, you should consult with an attorney before you accept a settlement that likely will be too low.
Tips Leading to Fair Car Accident Insurance Settlements
To help your lawyer prepare a solid case, you can protect your personal injury claim by:
- Reporting the Corpus Christi car accident to your insurer in a timely manner.
- Filing a report with the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Taking photographs of your car before it is destroyed or repaired.
You should also get immediate medical treatment and keep a daily diary of the difficulties you have faced since the accident. Update it daily and include information on:
- your pain level;
- whether medication is helping;
- difficulties performing chores;
- time spent away from work; and
- assistance needed with regular activities of daily living.
Failing to follow the above tips could affect the value of your personal injury claim. In order to ensure that your legal rights are protected, you should have Texas accident lawyers review your case to determine issues of negligence and level the playing field with your insurance company.
Contacting Texas Accident Lawyers
Before you take the important step of hiring an attorney, educate yourself about what you can expect from a Texas injury case. Order this free guide for Texas accident victims and learn:
- What to ask a lawyer before hiring him or her to take your case.
- The most common reasons a Texas personal injury claim will fail.
- What you can do to protect your injury claim.
Not every accident case requires the help of an attorney and we can help you to determine whether yours is one of those cases! If you are ready to get started with your case, we urge you to contact us today for a FREE case evaluation - 1-512-472-7799.