During a Texas personal injury claim it's likely that you'll be offered a settlement prior to actually being in the courtroom. If you're the plaintiff, there are many factors that you should consider and potentially discuss with a Georgetown, TX injury attorney before taking action.
Before Settling a Texas Personal Injury Claim
If you're the plaintiff, it's important for you to consider the following before accepting an offer:
- How much of the settlement will go to lawyer's fees?
- How will your settlement affect your income taxes?
- Is your pain and suffering taken into account?
- How much insurance coverage does the opposite party have?
- What are you willing to concede in your case for the sake of settling?
- What is the minimum amount you would accept?
- Could there be a partial settlement?
- What is your ultimate goal?
Take the time to consider and discuss all of these questions with your Georgetown, TX injury attorney. Your attorney can help you weigh the options and assess the overall value of your case.
It's important for you to realize that settlements aren't less complicated than trial itself and there are even more things to take into account before making any decisions.
Contacting a Georgetown, TX Injury Attorney
Before you take the important step of hiring an attorney, educate yourself about what you can expect from a Texas injury case. Order this free guide for Texas accident victims and learn:
- What to ask a lawyer before hiring them to take your case.
- The most common reasons a Texas personal injury claim will fail.
- What you can do to protect your injury claim.
Not every accident case requires the help of an attorney and we can help you to determine whether yours is one of those cases! If you are ready to get started with your case, we urge you to contact us today for a FREE case evaluation - 1-512-472-7799.