Sometimes, a child head injury is more than just another bump or scratch earned on the playground. When you suspect your child is the victim of abuse, speak to a Texas personal injury lawyer who has the compassion and experience to take on your case and pursue justice for your child.
After a Child Head Injury in Texas
When you're child has become the victim of child abuse, take action by following these helpful steps:
- seek medical attention, as this will help create a medical record of the injury, which can be legally referenced if the circumstances around it were suspicious;
- take pictures of the injury;
- ask the caretaker what happened and record their explanation;
- seek the help of a member of a team of child injury lawyers if you believe abuse has occurred; and
- consider having your child speak to a child psychologist or counselor.
When you suspect that your child has been the victim of abuse by a caretaker, it's vital that you speak with a Texas personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. An attorney can compassionately, thoughtfully assess the facts of the case, inform you of your legal rights and the demonstrability and weight of the available evidence.
Contacting a Texas Personal Injury Lawyer
Before you take the important step of hiring an attorney, educate yourself about what you can expect from a Texas injury case. Order this free guide for Texas accident victims and learn:
- What to ask a lawyer before hiring them to take your case.
- The most common reasons a Texas personal injury claim will fail.
- What you can do to protect your injury claim.
Not every accident case requires the help of a Texas personal injury lawyer and we can help you to determine whether yours is one of those cases! If you are ready to get started with your case, we urge you to contact us today for a FREE case evaluation - 512-472-7799.