Social media sites like Twitter and Facebook have become commonplace in our homes, workplaces and even phones, but there are some things you should do to protect yourself when using these sites during a personal injury insurance claim case. Insurance adjusters have been known to monitor personal profiles fishing for information that could be used against you.
How to Handle Social Media While Pursuing Texas Injury Claims
- delete all social networking profiles or set them to the highest possible privacy settings;
- don’t comment on or discuss your accident, injuries, treatment or case;
- remove all photos that could be incriminating;
- don’t accept friend or follower requests from people you don’t know;
- remove friends or followers who you don’t know or that you can’t trust; and
- don’t discuss your current activities or whereabouts.
Contacting a Texas Insurance Lawyer
Before you take the important step of hiring an attorney, educate yourself about what you can expect from a Texas injury case. Order this free guide for Texas accident victims and learn:
- What to ask a lawyer before hiring them to take your case.
- The most common reasons a Texas personal injury claim can fail.
- What you can do to protect your injury claim.