Tips to Prevent Dog Attacks on Children
When you meet with an animal bite lawyer, he or she can explain issues of negligence and provide you with tips for preventing future dog bite attacks. For instance, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend your child to do the following:
- avoid approaching an unfamiliar dog;
- avoid running and screaming if a dog approaches;
- remain motionless like a tree if a dog approaches;
- roll into a ball and be still like a log if knocked down by a dog;
- don't play with a dog unless there's adult supervision;
- don't look directly into a dog's eyes;
- don't disturb a dog that's sleeping, eating or tending to puppies; and
- don't pet a dog without the owner's permission and without first allowing the dog to sniff you.
Contacting an Austin Injury Attorney
Before you take the important step of hiring an attorney, educate yourself about what you can expect from a Texas injury case. Order this free guide for Texas accident victims and learn:
- What to ask a lawyer before hiring him or her to take your case.
- The most common reasons a Texas personal injury claim can fail.
- What you can do to protect your injury claim.