Actions that Can Jeopardize Auto Insurance Claims
- Failing to follow up on your doctor’s appointments or not following your treating physician’s instructions – this can hurt the legitimacy of your claim by giving the opposition room to claim that you aren’t really injured, otherwise you’d be doing everything you could to get better;
- Not filing an accident report – this is an important document that can help expedite your claim, and you should furnish your lawyer with a copy;
- Trying to handle your claim without a car accident attorney, particularly if there are significant injuries involved or blame is still being contested;
- Accepting the first settlement offer the insurance carrier offers you – insurance companies will usually test you with lowball offers, and you should never accept these because they usually don’t take into account all of your expenses;
- Losing track of your expenses – keep a folder where you stash all of your bills, receipts and estimates and make copies available to your lawyer.
Contacting a Texas Auto Insurance Claims Attorney
When you need help with your Texas car crash claim, educate yourself about what you can expect in your efforts to settle your claim. Order this free guide for Texas accident victims and learn:
- What to ask a lawyer before hiring them to take your case.
- How to effectively use car accident insurance claims advice.
- The most common reasons a Texas personal injury claim can fail.
- What you can do to protect your injury claim.