Tips to Prevent Child Injuries Caused by a Vicious Dog
Because many victims know the dog that attacked them, teach your children to:
- Be respectful of dogs - never strike a dog or pull its ears, tail or paws.
- Avoid bothering dogs that are busy - never approach a dog that's tending to puppies, playing with a toy, sleeping or eating.
- Don't approach an unfamiliar dog - if you want to meet a dog, ask the owner for permission. If the owner gives you permission, allow the dog to sniff your fist and see if it's interested in meeting you. Don't approach the dog with an open hand or make any gestures above the dog's head.
- Be calm - speak quietly; avoid shouting.
- Be still - if a dog approaches, stand still, look away from the dog and keep your hands at your side. If you're on the ground, curl your knees to your chest, cover your ears and avoid eye contact.
Keep in mind that even the most knowledgeable child can still be attacked by a vicious dog whose owner has allowed it to run free, failed to provide appropriate safety measures or commanded the dog to attack, all examples of criminal negligence.
If your child suffers injuries from an animal attack, a lawyer in Texas can help by tracking down the animal's owner, reviewing your case for examples of criminal negligence, consulting with experts to estimate future medical expenses and negotiating with insurance companies. Owners who failed to control or restrain their dogs should be held accountable for their negligent actions.
Contacting an Animal Attack Lawyer in Texas
Before you take the important step of hiring an attorney, educate yourself about what you can expect from a Texas injury case. Order this free guide for Texas accident victims and learn:
- What to ask lawyers before hiring them to take your case.
- The most common reasons a Texas personal injury claim will fail.
- What you can do to protect your injury claim.
Not every accident case requires the help of an attorney and we can help you to determine whether yours is one of those cases! If you are ready to get started with your case, we urge you to contact us today for a FREE case evaluation - 1-512-472-7799.