Texas Personal Injury Claim: 8 Things to Consider
Before agreeing to a settlement, keep the following in mind:
- Estimate future expected costs. If you will incur future medical expenses such as medication or physical therapy, you need documentation of it. You will also need an estimation of these future costs for the insurance company. Failure to do this may reduce the value of your case.
- Be familiar with the law. Take the time to go over Texas state law that applies to injury cases and accidents with a Georgetown, TX injury attorney. This is for your knowledge and understanding so you aren't misled.
- Have a positive attitude. It is common for an insurance company to make low offers initially. You should be prepared for this and know that it is typical. Keep calm and work towards negotiating. If you have a short temper, this will reflect poorly on you in the eyes of the insurance company.
- Be prepared to listen. It is important for you to be prepared to listen to the insurance adjuster's reasoning for why they are making the current offer. Do not be rude, even if you think the offer is way too low. Instead, hear them out and be prepared with questions to respond to the offer with in a professional manner.
- Know who is responsible for the bills. It is important for you to know who is responsible for paying back your health insurance, car insurance, etc.
- Know exactly what a settlement means. Once a case is settled with an offer accepted, you cannot change your mind. Even if something should change, once an offer is accepted, it is final.
Contacting a Georgetown, TX injury Attorney
Before you take the important step of hiring an attorney, educate yourself about what you can expect from a Texas injury case. Order this free guide for Texas accident victims and learn:
- What to ask a lawyer before hiring them to take your case.
- The most common reasons a Texas personal injury claim will fail.
- What you can do to protect your injury claim.
Not every accident case requires the help of an attorney and we can help you to determine whether yours is one of those cases! If you are ready to get started with your case, we urge you to contact us today for a FREE case evaluation - 1-512-472-7799.