The 7 Deadly Sins of Facebooking During Your Texas Injury Claim Cont'd.
More common flaws related to Facebook that may occur while pursuing a lawsuit include:
- Treating your Facebook page like a diary or journal. A social media profile is not a place for you to rant or list off personal thoughts to help you unwind. It is a good idea to keep most personal feelings and opinions to yourself. Any comment or photograph could be taken out of context in hopes of weakening your claim (for example if you are filing for physical injury, a status that talks about how good you are feeling could be used to devalue the validity of your injury).
- Posting things that may later embarrass you. The defendant may be looking through your Facebook to find something embarrassing or something that could make the jury see you in a less sympathetic light. It is particularly important that there is no evidence of illegal or immoral behavior anywhere to be found on your social media profiles.
- Letting friends raise red flags about you either. This is not limited to photographs and could include anything your friends post on your profile. Keep private conversations off of the Internet for safe measure.
- Trying to manage this task on your own. If you choose to continue maintaining a Facebook or social media profile, ask your personal injury lawyer in Williamson County, Texas for advice instead of simply handling it on your own.
Contacting a Personal Injury Lawyer in Williamson County, Texas
Before you take the important step of hiring an attorney, educate yourself about what you can expect from a Texas injury case. Order this free guide for Texas accident victims and learn:
- What to ask a lawyer before hiring them to take your case.
- The most common reasons a Texas personal injury claim will fail.
- What you can do to protect your injury claim.
Not every accident case requires the help of an attorney and we can help you to determine whether yours is one of those cases! If you are ready to get started with your case, we urge you to contact us today for a FREE case evaluation - 512-472-7799.