Believe it or not, the answer is sometimes "yes". There is a federal law called ERISA (the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974) that may require you to reimburse your own insurance company or your employer's health plan using any money that you recover in your personal injury case. It is also important that you review with your attorney the terms of your own insurance policy to see if you're required to repay any of these costs.

Consult an Experienced Austin Car Accident Lawyer

Before you take the important step of hiring a lawyer, educate yourself about what you can expect from a Texas personal injury claim after your accident in Austin, Texas. Order this free guide for Texas accident victims and learn:  
  • What to ask a lawyer before hiring them to take your case.
  • The most common reasons a Texas personal injury claim will fail.
  • What you can do to protect your injury claim. 

Not every accident case requires the help of a car accident attorney. We can help you to determine whether yours is one of those cases! If you are ready to get started with your case, we urge you to contact us today for a FREE case evaluation – (512) 472-7799.

David Todd
Connect with me
Austin Texas Eminent Domain Condemnation Attorney