Hiring a lawyer to handle your case can mean the difference between a paltry settlement that doesn’t cover all of your losses and a fair shake from the insurance provider.
The factors that determine a fair and average car accident settlement include:
- medical expenses, both current and anticipated future costs;
- lost wages if your doctor has warned you against working or if you had to take time off to recover, or future lost wages if you are unable to work in the future or have been disabled in some way that prevents you from working in your previous capacity;
- pain and suffering, which can be determined by your pain prescriptions and witness testimony;
- permanent injuries, disability, or disfigurement;
- mental anguish; and
- decreased or otherwise altered quality of life.
After your attorney has collected this and other information related to the accident, he or she can help you determine if you’ve been offered a fair amount for your accident and injury. Consult with a lawyer who has handled cases like yours in the past and can fight for your fair compensation from the insurance provider.
Consult an Experienced Austin Car Accident LawyerBefore you take the important step of hiring a lawyer, educate yourself about what you can expect from a Texas personal injury claim after your accident in Austin, Texas. Order this free guide for Texas accident victims and learn:
- What to ask a lawyer before hiring them to take your case.
- The most common reasons a Texas personal injury claim will fail.
- What you can do to protect your injury claim.
Not every accident case requires the help of a car accident attorney. We can help you to determine whether yours is one of those cases! If you are ready to get started with your case, we urge you to contact us today for a FREE case evaluation – (512) 472-7799.