Although your child may appear to be OK after being involved in a most dangerous accident, you should know that the long-term effects of a TBI can alter his or her emotional and cognitive health, leading to costly medical treatment and rehabilitation.
Long-Term Effects of a TBI after a Most Dangerous Accident
Among the common problems a child might encounter after an Austin car accident leads to a TBI are:
- light sensitivity;
- memory problems;
- visual disturbances;
- personality changes;
- irritability and anxiety;
- difficulty sleeping;
- attention problems and difficulty concentrating;
- noise sensitivity; and
- lack of interest in activities.
- 64% had no symptoms;
- 12% had moderate symptoms that lasted at least a year;
- 15% had severe symptoms that dissipated in 12 months; and
- 9% had severe symptoms lasting at least a year.
Consult an Experienced Austin Car Accident LawyerBefore you take the important step of hiring a lawyer, educate yourself about what you can expect from a Texas personal injury claim after your accident in Austin, Texas. Order this free guide for Texas accident victims and learn:
- What to ask a lawyer before hiring them to take your case.
- The most common reasons a Texas personal injury claim will fail.
- What you can do to protect your injury claim.
Not every accident case requires the help of a car accident attorney. We can help you to determine whether yours is one of those cases! If you are ready to get started with your case, we urge you to contact us today for a FREE case evaluation – (512) 472-7799.