One major role of a car accident attorney in Austin is to gather and preserve evidence to build a strong case on your behalf. Your attorney can help ensure that you don't lose track of any important documents or witness contact information.
Car Accidents in Austin: Different Kinds of Evidence
As Austin, Texas attorneys can explain, any of the following evidence could be relevant to your case:
- photographs - pictures of visible injuries, property damage, and the accident scene may be helpful in determining fault or the extent of damage;
- medical bills - these are necessary in proving that you suffered actual harm. They can also be used to prove the extent of your injuries;
- documentation of lost earnings - you will need an affidavit from your employer that the accident caused you to missed earnings and fringe benefits;
- witness statements - eyewitness testimony can help establish fault and other facts;
- police report - this piece of evidence can also help establish fault. Your insurer may even require that a police report be filed; and
- miscellaneous evidence- this includes reports of dangerous road conditions, proof that the other driver was intoxicated (blood alcohol content), or any signs that point to a third party being at fault.
Consult an Experienced Austin Car Accident LawyerBefore you take the important step of hiring a lawyer, educate yourself about what you can expect from a Texas personal injury claim after your accident in Austin, Texas. Order this free guide for Texas accident victims and learn:
- What to ask a lawyer before hiring them to take your case.
- The most common reasons a Texas personal injury claim will fail.
- What you can do to protect your injury claim.
Not every accident case requires the help of a car accident attorney. We can help you to determine whether yours is one of those cases! If you are ready to get started with your case, we urge you to contact us today for a FREE case evaluation – (512) 472-7799.