Information to Help Your Texas Car Wreck Attorney Prepare a Solid Case
When it's clear that everyone is safe and police have arrived, you should be on the lookout for any drivers who appear to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs. If you notice any suspicious behavior, notify police immediately and share this information with your Texas car wreck attorney. You should also seek the following information:
- names, addresses and insurance companies of all drivers and passengers involved in your Arlington car accident in Texas and their driver's license numbers;
- names and addresses of any eyewitnesses;
- names and addresses of any pedestrians or other third parties involved in the accident;
- the actual location where the accident occurred;
- the direction vehicles were traveling before the impact;
- the time the accident occurred;
- whether you noticed any broken brake lights or headlights;
- whether anyone accepted blame or apologized for the accident;
- whether anyone was issued a citation; and
- whether any drivers were in a commercial or other company-owned vehicle.
Contacting a Texas Auto Accident Attorney
Before you take the important step of hiring an attorney, educate yourself about what you can expect from a Texas injury case. Order this free guide for Texas accident victims and learn:
- What to ask a lawyer before hiring him or her to take your case.
- The most common reasons a Texas personal injury claim will fail.
- What you can do to protect your injury claim.