As soon as you’re able, you’ll want to consult an Austin motorcycle accident lawyer at an injury firm in Texas to see about your legal options. If someone else was partly at fault for the accident, you may be able to collect compensation.
While at the scene of the accident, it’s a good idea to snap pictures or take video using a camera or smartphone, as well as collect basic witness information. These things will come in handy later if you decide to file an injury claim.
It can be difficult to know how to proceed when filing an Austin motorcycle accident claim; you’ll need to know:
- what kinds of information to collect;
- how to effectively demonstrate your injuries;
- how to prove fault; and
- how much your claim is worth.
After your Austin motorcycle accident, your lawyer will likely tell you to collect as much evidence as you can, including things such as:
- the police report;
- witness contact information and testimonies;
- medical records and bills; and
- photographs of the accident and injuries.
Consulting an Austin Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Before you take the important step of hiring an Austin motorcycle accident lawyer, educate yourself about what you can expect from a Texas personal injury claim after your accident in Austin, Texas. Order this free guide for Texas accident victims and learn:
- What to ask a lawyer before hiring them to take your case.
- The most common reasons a Texas personal injury claim will fail.
- What you can do to protect your injury claim.