What steps should I take after my car accident?
The following are the six steps to take after your car accident:
1. Do not admit fault.
2. If you are in a car wreck, get the incident number and the contact information from the investigating officer and as soon as possible order the accident report.
3. Get photographs of your vehicle (and that of the other person) as soon as possible.
4. Seek medical attention immediately to document and treat your injuries, and follow all medical advice regarding rehabilitating yourself.
5. Do not give a recorded statement to the other driver's insurance company.
6. Contact an experienced personal injury attorney to discuss your case and your legal options as soon as possible.