The following are the six steps to take after your car accident:
1. Do not admit fault.
2. If you are in a car wreck, get the incident number and the contact information from the investigating officer and as soon as possible order the accident report.
3. Get photographs of your vehicle (and that of the other person) as soon as possible.
4. Seek medical attention immediately to document and treat your injuries, and follow all medical advice regarding rehabilitating yourself.
5. Do not give a recorded statement to the other driver's insurance company.
6. Contact an experienced personal injury attorney to discuss your case and your legal options as soon as possible.
Consult an Experienced Austin Car Accident LawyerBefore you take the important step of hiring a lawyer, educate yourself about what you can expect from a Texas personal injury claim after your accident in Austin, Texas. Order this free guide for Texas accident victims and learn:
- What to ask a lawyer before hiring them to take your case.
- The most common reasons a Texas personal injury claim will fail.
- What you can do to protect your injury claim.
Not every accident case requires the help of a car accident attorney. We can help you to determine whether yours is one of those cases! If you are ready to get started with your case, we urge you to contact us today for a FREE case evaluation – (512) 472-7799.