Types of Cases Not Accepted for a Texas Personal Injury Claim
An Austin Personal Injury Firm uses specific criteria when selecting Texas personal injury claims to consult. If your case falls under one of the following it'll most likely not be accepted:
- There's no visible evidence of an injury -- only pain and nothing that can be supported by hard evidence;
- Minor impact cases -- where a car looks undamaged but the victim sustained significant physical injury;
- You had preexisting injury in the same area of the body prior to the accident;
- Your case has less than $10,000 of "hard damages" (medical bills, property damage, lost wages);
- You've delayed contacting the legal firm and are nearing the deadline under Texas law;
- You've been charged with fault by the police or are even partially at fault;
- You've been in multiple accidents in the past;
- Your only medical treatment is with a chiropractor;
- You've already been represented by another attorney; or
- A lawsuit has already been filed.
Consult an Experienced Austin Car Accident LawyerBefore you take the important step of hiring a lawyer, educate yourself about what you can expect from a Texas personal injury claim after your accident in Austin, Texas. Order this free guide for Texas accident victims and learn:
- What to ask a lawyer before hiring them to take your case.
- The most common reasons a Texas personal injury claim will fail.
- What you can do to protect your injury claim.
Not every accident case requires the help of a car accident attorney. We can help you to determine whether yours is one of those cases! If you are ready to get started with your case, we urge you to contact us today for a FREE case evaluation – (512) 472-7799.