Gathering Information about Your Texas Personal Injury Claim
Before an attorney can offer relevant legal advice and assist you in filing a Texas personal injury claim, he or she must gather as much information surrounding your case as possible. This legwork helps lay the foundation for a solid claim and helps your Austin, Texas personal injury attorney gain insight into your case.
In this preliminary stage, there are several steps an attorney takes in preparation for a case which include:
- Client Education - your attorney will explain the legal process involved in filing a claim and determine applicable deadlines.
- Contact the Insurance Company - the attorney will notify the other party's insurance company of the claim.
- Gather Evidence - the attorney will gather relevant data such as police reports, medical records, medical bills, affidavits, and photographs.
- Conduct Witness Interviews - the attorney will also interview witnesses
Analyzing and Reviewing the Data for a Texas Personal Injury Claim
After compiling relevant information and details surrounding your Texas personal injury claim, the attorney will then carefully comb through and analyze the data before deciding whether or not to try the case at court.
At this developmental stage of your claim, the attorney will review:
- legal issues related to the case, such as comparative negligence;
- medical records and prognoses;
- insurance policies; and
- any valid liens.
Continue to Next Page >>