If you have been injured in a car accident in Austin, TX, the first stage of a Texas personal injury case involves your initial meeting with an Austin accident lawyer. If this will be your first time meeting with an attorney, you should expect to be asked a lot of questions about yourself and the accident.
Your Initial Meeting with a Texas Car Accident Attorney
Your lawyer should collect enough information from you to determine whether you have a legitimate case worth pursuing.
You can expect to do the following:
- be asked to sign documents authorizing the release of your medical records;
- show proof of your insurance coverage;
- be asked if you have discussed your car accident with anyone, including insurance adjusters and the general public via postings on social media sites;
- be requested to explain the status of your injuries, i.e., diagnosis and pain level;
- be advised to see your doctor for any lingering complaints; and
- be offered by your lawyer to take your case and ask you sign an agreement, decline your case, or refer you to another lawyer.
If the Texas car accident attorney offers to take your case, there's a good chance that you may be compensated in a Texas personal injury claim.
Contacting a Texas Car Accident Attorney
Before you take the important step of hiring an attorney, educate yourself about what you can expect from a Texas injury case. Order this free guide for Texas accident victims and learn:
- What to ask a lawyer before hiring them to take your case.
- The most common reasons a Texas personal injury claim will fail.
- What you can do to protect your injury claim.
Not every accident case requires the help of an attorney and we can help you to determine whether yours is one of those cases! If you are ready to get started with your case, we urge you to contact us today!